Best Mice for Fortnite: There has been a tremendous increase in fan following of the battle royale genre in games over the last year or two. Games such as PUBG and Fortnite have broken active players’ records for multiplayer games and generated excellent content that has attracted more and more players into a genre that is now one of the fastest developing genres in gaming. Inspired by the success of the Battle Royale format, popular Franchises such as Call of Duty and Fallout have announced battle royale features in their upcoming releases.
One thing that I have noticed repeatedly, being an avid Fortnite player, is that mouse experiences matter a lot when it comes to the overall gaming performance in any Battle Royale game. Fast reflexes need a responsive and accurate mouse as a prerequisite. Furthermore, binding of various secondary actions, such as building walls, to a mouse button can further improve the reaction time in the game and improve your scores and kills.
Firstly let me put forward some of the important points that you should keep in mind while selecting a great gaming mouse.
Points to consider before buying the best mice for Fortnite:
- Mouse buttons: One of the most obvious points to notice is the presence of additional buttons on the mouse, other than the traditional two button configuration. In many of the modern gaming mice, the two button configuration is complemented with additional buttons for the thumb. This helps in gamers assigning in-game tasks to the mouse buttons itself, helping improvement in mobility.
- Dots per Inch (DPI): DPI or Dots per Inch is used to give information about the sensitivity of the mouse. Mice with increased DPI values move faster and are more sensitive in general, whereas those with low DPI settings are sluggish and slow to move.
- Polling rate: The polling rate of a mouse denotes the sensitivity of the connection of the mouse with your computer. In simple terms, it is a measure of how often the position of the mouse on the screen is updated. A mouse with high polling rate updates its position quicker, and is more sensitive. Polling rate is measured in Hertz or Hz.
- Sensor: A mouse can come with two types of sensors, an optical sensor or a laser sensor. Personally, I have felt optical sensors to be more responsive and is more appropriate to use when I am playing a FPS game, especially Battle Royales like Fortnite, as the accuracy and sensitivity is more. However laser mice can be used on any types of surface, therefore they are a big plus for me when I am gaming on one of my trips and have to use a mouse on a random surface such as a table.
- Acceleration: Another factor which I absolutely recommend checking out, is the acceleration of the mouse. Mouse acceleration basically gives you the idea about how fast a mouse pointer moves in comparison to your hand movement on the mouse. higher acceleration mice gives you the edge in competitive gaming, where accuracy and response times are of paramount importance, both denoted by the acceleration of your gaming mouse.
- Mouse Gripping: Finally, we come to the mouse grip styles. There are quite a few gaming mouse styles depending on the type of game you are playing. For FPS games and Battle royales, the palm grip mice are the most preferred, as they give you more accuracy and adequate response times.
Now that we have covered the criteria for a good gaming mouse, let us move to the list of my Top 10 gaming mouse one by one.
- 1 Best Mouse for Fortnite
Best Mouse for Fortnite
The first entry into our list is this absolute beast from Logitech. The Proteus Spectrum is one of the most popular mice among the professional gamers and provides a top notch performance in every aspect. It is an updated form of Logitech’s Famous Proteus Core models of yesteryears, and comes equipped with key lighting which can be customized right up to the color, cycle rate and pattern.
Another thing which I loved about the Proteus Spectrum is the additional number of mouse buttons (11 to be exact) which helped me in putting a lot of my in-game key bindings into the mouse itself. The mouse also comes with a number of customizable weights, allowing you to set your own mouse weight.
- Excellent accuracy
- 11 additional mouse buttons
- Lots of customizability
- It is not cordless
Our second entry into the list is yet another Logitech model which I absolutely loved. The G600 blows even the G502 out of the water in terms of accessibility with a staggering 20 mouse buttons, which of course can be modified to take an in-game input.
The mouse does face a slight drawback with its 8200 DPI, while the polling rate is a par 1 millisecond. It also comes with standard RGB backlighting like the G502, which can be customized.
- 20 additional programmable mouse buttons
- Customizable backlighting
- High quality build
- Slightly below par DPI
We come to our third and first Razor entry of our list. Starting off one of the first things that caught my eye was the excellent design of the Razor DeathAdder. It fits perfectly in the palm and helps in getting the best grip for the mouse. It also boasted a matte finish, which I found extremely helpful in handling the mouse.
The DeathAdder gives a staggering DPI of 10,000 and comes with dual side buttons on both sides. It also comes with the standard RGB backlighting, although it lags behind slightly when it comes to the customizability of the Logitech models. Overall it provides one of the most simplistic and streamline designs for a gaming mouse and provides an excellent steady experience without the excessive additional buttons.
- Sleek design and excellent grip
- Increased accuracy
- Special left handed model
- Decreased number of additional buttons
- Low level of customization
- Slightly larger than average size
Logitech G Pro is yet another addition I made into this list that comes from Logitech’s family of great gaming mouse. The G Pro is a more affordable and convenient version of the G502, with a more simplified design. It comes with the standard 12000 DPI of other Logitech mice, and is far above the market average.
It also has an extremely sensitive sensor, which I found really helpful in tricky situations while playing Fortnite and PUBG. Overall it provides an excellent performance and a more simplistic design, preferable for gamers who don’t like excess distraction when it comes to a gaming mouse.
- Steady performance
- Sleek look for easy handling
- Smaller size
- Not too much background lighting
The SteelSeries 700 is one of the most impressive mice in the list, in terms of innovative features, and one I couldn’t wait to get my hands on. The 700 comes with a vibrator inbuilt, a very controller like experience, and one not seen until now in any other gaming mouse.
It also comes equipped with a OLED screen that displays real time information from any game such as health and ammo. The 700 also provides a staggering 16000 DPI which blew me away, and a multi changeable RGB lighting, manageable via a software. Definitely one I would recommend getting your hands on, provided you don’t mind the slightly steeper price range.
- OLED display screen
- Replaceable parts
- Higher price range
For any gamers who felt the Rival 700 was a bit too overpriced and complicated, but like the design and functionality of SteelSeries, the Sensei 310 is an option I would definitely recommend.
It provides a closely similar performance to the 700 series, but does away with the OLED screen and vibratory touch. It comes in a unique shape which allowed me a firmer grip and easier maneuverability. It also produces a well above par 12000 DPI, which is impressive.
- RGB lighting is of good quality
- Unique shape for better handling
- The unique shape can appear too wide for some gamers
This Republic of Gamers spartha edition gaming mouse from Asus made it to my list based mainly on its complete package of additional buttons, high maneuverability, groundbreaking magnesium allow material design and the adequate RGB lighting. It also caught my eye that the Spatha can be used both wirelessly (without input lag I might add) and with a wire as well.
It provides a par 8500 DPI, which is sufficient for hardcore gaming, even if it doesn’t go overboard with its DPI stats. The 12 additional buttons offered me easy accessibility in tricky situations and overall provides a very pleasant experience. The new allow material does make the mouse a tad heavier than other mice at this price point.
- Sleek, modern design
- Lot of customization options
- Excellent RGB lighting
- High price point
- Side buttons can get stiff with repeated use
- Is heavier than an average gaming mouse
8. Razor Ouroboros
Yet another Razor model that makes my list due to the sheer slickness of design and excellent quality. It surprised me with the amount of parts I could change, and with ease, giving it one of the most customizable feels in the gaming mouse market. It also comes with the opportunity of adding or removing weights, giving the perfect feel according to the individual user.
It is equipped with 11 additional buttons which I found to be quite easy to use. It however does not have RGB lighting, which I expected, considering it is an older model. The sensor is also excellent and gave me pin point accuracy in all of my battle royale endeavors. Definitely a mouse I recommend checking out if you are looking for a slick, simplistic design.
- High customizability
- Can be used both with wire and wirelessly
- Suited for ambidextrous use
- Highly accurate dual sensors
- No input lag
- Expensive price range
- Can be difficult to master all buttons
I know I have added quite a few Logitech models to my list, but the truth is, they are just that good. The G900 lives up to the standards set by the other Logitech models in the list and performs admirably under most strenuous conditions of gaming. It provide a maximum output of 12000 DPI, which is completely customizable from 200 all the way up to the maximum of 12000.
It comes with its own version of RGB lighting, known as Spectrum lighting. It is also capable of being used both with wire and wirelessly, and an ambidextrous design to the boot. The only potential drawback can be the high price tag, which is then again something I expected for a flagship model.
- Excellent RGB lighting
- Ambidextrous design
- Highly customizable
- Smooth performance
- High price range
- No charging dock
The final addition to our list, which just sneaks in at the last spot is the Corsair M65. If you are a FPS enthusiast, like me, this is one mouse you would love to have. Firstly, it is incredibly priced for the features it provides. A weight tuning capacity and an excellent customizability option comes along with the standard set of additional buttons.
While the M65 is still some distance away from the top of the line models, yet it provides a staggering performance for its price range, and its weight reduction makes it a definite recommendation from me for all FPS gamers who are looking for lighter mouse options.
- Excellent performance
- Very affordable
- Weight adjustment and other customizability options
- Design might not be to the taste of everyone
A gaming mouse is something that we gamers must have, especially if you are an avid first-person shooting game enthusiast like me. Higher reflexes and accuracy are the main requisites for a successful run in Fortnite or PUBG.
Therefore make sure you get the best in the business, and get yourself one of the best mice for Fortnite or Best Fortnite Mouse from the list today.
Also have a look at:
- Ninja Fortnite Settings & Keybinds
- Best Fortnite secrets locations, Weapons
- How To Get Better at Fortnite
- Best Fortnite Settings
Happy Gaming!! 🙂