Best Fortnite Settings: Fortnite Battle Royale has become one of the best games of the current times. Since it was released on 26 September 2017, Fortnite has topped all the chart be it Twitch, Mixer or even Youtube Gaming.
With such a great response among the society, almost every professional player has turned over to Fortnite. And their is no doubt that Twitch streamers and Youtubers are minting money on the name of it. However, There are some really pro fortnite players who put alot of efforts in playing the game and even optimize their fortnite settings. And why not, with such a high performance game, a few settings make a hell lot of difference.
Actually, Fortnite allows you to change the settings as well as the keybinds which a player can set as per their comfort. However, Some players want to use the same settings and keybinds which fortnite pro players use. Also, their are certain performance gains.
So, We will take Fortnite pro settings and keybinds into consideration along with performance gains so that you can easily beat your competitiors and get a Victory Royale!!
But before we get to the main point, let me tell you how you can change the Fortnite Settings.
- 1 How to change Fortnite Settings
- 2 Best Fortnite System Settings
How to change Fortnite Settings
When you start Fortnite, you can look at the settings page on the first screen itself either be it PC, Xbox or PlayStation.
- On PC – On starting the game, you will see the lobby screen where you decide the type of match you want play or go for a challenge etc. Clicking on the sandwich icon in the upper left corner will take you to the settings screen.
- On PS4 or Xbox One – Get to the lobby and pressing the Menu/Options button will bring up certain settings. From there, select the Cog button, as highlighted in yellow, to jump into the Settings page.
Best Fortnite Settings and Pro Settings
Firstly, I will share the Fortnite Pro Settings which includes the sensitivity and DPI of top fortnite players along with the gears they use. After that, their will be complete description of all the settings along with optimization guide. So make sure to stick to this article till the end.
So these were the best settings and keybinds that fortnite pro players are currently using. Once you have optimized the in-game settings, its time to optimize other factors which can help improving your performance.
Common Settings Recommended For New Players
The below table has Monitor(Video) as well as Mouse settings which you can directly use for playing fortnite.
|Frame rate limit||60 FPS|
|3D Resolution||1920×1080 (100%)|
Btw if you thing what is the meaning of each settings, here is a quick glimpse.
Window Mode: As the name suggest, it allows you to intereact with other windows quickly by minimizng the game and check something else. I would recommend you to set it at fullscreen as the game itself explains “in full screen we can save memory and render slightly faster“.
Display resolution: It is the mean pixel dimensions i.e. the number of pixels in each dimension. If your deviec supports, set it at a minimum of 1080p.
Frame Rate Limit: This limits the game’s performace at a certain frame rate such as 60 FPS or 120 FPS. Its better to set this at 60 FPS to terminate varying performance.
Quality: This is a short cut to set all the below settings at once. You can either set it at low, medium and so on but its better to deal with all the settings individually and set it as per your needs.
Best Fortnite System Settings
- Disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization
- PC GPU Settings
- Disable OneDrive
- Optimizing Google Chrome
- Optimizing Discord
- Clearing Temporary Files
Disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization
You shall disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization as it will reduce bandwidth by having your PCs grab updates from other peers on your network who have already downloaded the content, which in turn reduces the amount of traffic generated due to updates.
Here are the simple steps that you need to follow:
- Open the start menu and type Windows Update settings and click on the search result for it.
- Click on Advanced Options
- Click on Delivery Optimization
- Now, Turn off “Allow downloads from other PCs“.
Don’t forget to checkout these cool Fortnite Wallpaper for PC and iPhone.
PC GPU Settings
Now its time to optimize your PC to get the most out of it because if you are playing Fortnite on a regular PC or a laptop then it will take a toll on your computer forsure. So its better to optimize your system by setting the “Battery Mode” to “High Performance”.
Apart from this update your GPU drivers as well as the Windows to the latest version. However, If you have NVIDIA graphics card then you can optimize it further ahead.
Here are the steps to follow and set the features accordingly:
- On the Desktop screen, Right click and Open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings
- Select the tab Program Settings and find Fortnite. If you can not find it, click on Add and find it there. (try running the game first and close it down again before doing this)
- Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1
- Set Monitor Technology to G-SYNC (if applicable)
- Set Multi-Display/Mixed GPU Acceleration to Single display performance mode
- Set Power Management Mode to Prefer maximum performance
- Set Texture filtering – Quality to Performance
- Disable Vertical Sync
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Set Preferred Refresh Rate to Highest available
- Apply the changes and navigate to Adjust desktop size and position
- Check the checkbox Override the scaling mode set by games and programs and click on Apply.
Moreover, You can also go ahead with Nvidia Digital Vibrance if you face problem with it.
You shall disbale OneDrive as it will help reducing the load on your system, thus improving the processing time.
You can do this by:
- Opening the Start menu, right-clicking on the OneDrive icon
- Then, selecting Unpin from Start.
- Next you’ll need to open PC Settings>OneDrive, and turn off all the various syncing and storage options.
Optimizing Google Chrome
Since Google Chrome runs various application in the background, its better to turn off hardware acceleration so that it does not use excessive resources while you are going ahead for a Victory Royale.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Settings.
- Scroll all the way down and click on the Advanced tab.
- Now, Scroll a little down and turn of “Use hardware acceleration when available“.
- Just close the chrome and get to your game.
Want to get some secrets, checkout the top supply llama locations in fortnite.
Alot of gamers use Discord thesedays and if you happen to be the one, then make sure to optimize it aswell. In Discord, we will tourn off Hardware acceleration which will result in improving FPS.
- Open Discord and go to the User Settings page.
- Open the Appearance tab and uncheck Hardware Acceleration.
Clear Temporary Files
We all know that temporary files suck a large amount of storage especially on a office/home laptop. So, its better to clean up your temporary files thus boosting your machine performance.
- Go to the and put %localappdata% and Press Enter.
- Open the Temp folder
- Select all the files in the folder by pressing CTRL + A.
- Press the Delete button on your keyboard to delete these temporary files. Skip the ones it can not delete.
- Now empty your recycle bin aswell.
If you face Network Failure to check platform restrictions in Fortnite then you must check this guide as well.
Moreover, To ease this process, You can also use CCleaner. Don’t worry, you do not need to pay a single penny as the free version do the deed for you! 😉
I hope by now you must have got the Best Fortnite Settings as per your requirement. If you still have any questions regarding Fortnite pro settings, then feel free to comment below and we will definitely get back.